- Project Management Consulting
- Enterprise PM Systems
- IT Consulting
- New Product Creation
- Industries Served
- Contact Us
IT Security Specialist
IT Security specialists typically recommend, design, and implement appropriate security policies, procedures, and technologies for computing environments. In addition to knowledge of threat/risk analysis procedures, they should also have knowledge of emerging IT security trends and directions.
Type of Engagement:
Engagements range from one month to several years.
The Security Specialist consultant defines, recommends, designs, implements and analyzes appropriate security policies, procedures, and technologies for any of the technical features of the computing environments.
The Security Specialist Consultant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Awareness of emerging IT trends and directions, especially as related to security;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines;
- Knowledgeable about security audit procedures and protocols;
Able to address security issues, policy and technical, for any of the environments of the government;
- Knowledgeable about Threat/Risk Analysis procedures;
Able to program in various languages to create specific Intrusion Detection utilities for the government's technical environment;
Skills in the following areas will be an asset:
- Operating Systems: VMS/Open VMS; AIX; HP-UX; MVS; Microsoft NTAS, Microsoft Windows 9.x, Microsoft Windows 3.x, Solaris;OS/2; VOS (Stratus)
- Databases: Oracle
- Networks: Novell NetWare; SNA; IBM Lanserver; DECnet\LAT; MS LAN Manager/NTAS; TCP/IP; UDP; IPX/SPX; NETBEUI; NETBIOS, Windows NT
- Middleware: Oracle Gateway, SQL*Net, DCE; Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS); Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS); IBM Websphere Application Server; BEA Weblogic Application Server; Oracle; Sun One Application Server; Resonate Central; Resonate Commander; Dispatch Load; database connectivity (ODBC, NET data providers, JDBC, Enterprise Java Beans EJB ; Balancing Software
- Security: Firewall design concepts; web access management and single sign-on; PKI, user authentication and access control (remote access servers), VPNs, firewalls; security standards such as SAML.
A candidate for this role must have at least two (2) years work experience as a Security Specialist.
The Security Specialist will have experience in:
- Providing specialized security support;
- Establishing secure environments in at least three different platforms, operating systems/ environments, database technologies, communications protocols;
- Planning, organizing, implementing and testing security on varied hardware and operating systems;
- Implementing security on complex and distributed systems;
- All phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle and applying security to each phase;
- Using automated security testing tools;
- At least three (3) sections of the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), as defined by the Disaster Recovery Institute International, in a team environment.
Community College Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering Technology
Certification at a CBCP or Master level by DRI International or equivalent international designation desirable.
- Most positions require fluency in English.
- Many customers also have a requirement for abilities in French.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe that you qualify, please click here and quote the opportunity number R06111423 - IT Security Specialist.
Many of our clients require Government of Canada personnel security clearances.