- Project Management Consulting
- Enterprise PM Systems
- IT Consulting
- New Product Creation
- Industries Served
- Business Analysis
- IT Architecture
- IT Management
- New Product Creation
- Project Management
- Systems Development
- Specialized Consulting
- Contact Us
Project Management Consultant - Project Leader
Project Leaders are responsible for project delivery, and may be involved in the development of integrated project plans, procurement and subcontract management, and the management of organizational transition. As senior consultants, project leaders are expected to lead the project team and communicate directly with management executives.
Type of Engagement:
Engagements range from one month to several years
SOMOS regularly has opportunities for senior consultants who can lead project teams to get the job done.
This person is usually responsible for making the project succeed - often with all of the responsibility and none of the authority.
Over the years, SOMOS Senior PM Consultants have led the following types of initiatives:
- Development of integrated project plans
- Preparation of initiation documentation, such as Treasury Board Submissions
- Procurement and subcontract management
- Delivery of new systems
- Delivery of new products
- Organizational transition
- Project rescue
- Project review
These assignments involve leadership through communications, analysis, recommendations, negotiating, directing, cajoling, persuading, coordinating, and reporting. Interfaces are typically at the executive management level and call upon the ability to keep the sponsors informed and advised. To manage the team, the leader must invest the effort to understand the individuals' abilities and constraints and to make the necessary recommendations and decisions in order to deliver.
Engagements at this level are not for the faint of heart or the muddled of mind.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Complement of leadership and administrative abilities
- Domain expertise is often required (e.g. change management, technology development, telecommunications, or e-commerce systems)
Fifteen (15) or more years of progressive experience is typical.
Successful candidates at this level have typically worked several years as a practitioner in their field (computer science, engineering, finance, etc.) before advancing up the management ladder. They have taken on progressively greater responsibility and have demonstrated their ability to succeed in spite of the challenges of market, people issues, technical hurdles and chance.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or other
- Second degree in a complementary field, such as Business, Humanities
- PMP (Typical)
- CMC or CMA (Recommended)
- Most positions require fluency in English
- Many customers also have a requirement for abilities in French
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe that you qualify, please click here and quote opportunity number R06101501 - Project Management Consultant - Project Leader.
Many of our clients require Government of Canada personnel security clearances.