We are introducing important new features and enhancements to the SMS/800 Toll-Free Number (TFN) Registry to modernize the platform. This is part of our continued efforts to improve your user experience and capabilities.
Soon we will be giving all Responsible Organizations (Resp Orgs) access to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to the SMS/800 TFN Registry along with a new Web Based User Interface (UI).
SMS/800 TFN Registry APIs
Somos will provide API access to the SMS/800 TFN Registry for all current and future functionality. With APIs, you can:
- Automate the search and reserve function directly to your systems, Web pages and customer portals
- Integrate core workflows of SMS/800 TFN Registry seamlessly into your back office
- Capture the value of future SMS/800 TFN Registry features and enhancements without major development effort
Throughout the year, Somos is prepared to help you adopt and unlock the value of the new APIs with a support program that includes:
- Software Development Kits (SDKs) for each set of API releases
- Access to a developer sandbox for API testing and certification
- An online developer community forum and weekly calls to answer questions
New SMS/800 TFN Registry User Interface
Somos will introduce a new Web Based UI for the SMS/800 TFN Registry that provides all current functionality along with access to all new features and enhancements.
The new SMS/800 TFN Registry features and enhancements will be introduced in two parts:
RELEASE 1 (Summer 2017): Somos will release the first set of APIs that Resp Orgs can use to automate and integrate basic SMS/800 TFN Registry functionality into workflows including Number Search, Reserve and basic Toll-Free Number management (similar to 3270, WBA, and Enhanced SMS/800 Platform applications).
Somos will also introduce a new UI that will provide a portion of the current functionality of 3270, WBA, and Enhanced SMS/800 Platform applications.
RELEASE 2 (Late Summer/Early Fall 2017): Somos will release a second set of APIs to help Resp Orgs automate and integrate the remaining SMS/800 TFN Registry functionality including the ability to create templates for Call Processing Records (CPRs) and self-service User Administration.
An updated version of the UI will also be released, which will include the remaining functionality of 3270, WBA, and Enhanced SMS/800 platform applications.
The 3270 application will no longer be supported and will be discontinued in Spring 2018. The APIs and UI released will provide all the functionality of the current 3270 application. All other Toll-Free Number provisioning applications (MGI, WBA, and Enhanced SMS/800) will continue to be supported, though we encourage you to begin using the new APIs or the new User Interface to gain the benefit of new and advanced features.
Throughout the release process, we will continue to provide updates and release schedules and gather feedback from Resp Orgs through user groups, in-person seminars and surveys. By working closely with you to understand your current challenges and long-term needs, the modernized SMS/800 TFN Registry will drive innovation throughout the Toll-Free industry.
SMS/800 TFN Registry Webinar
Learn more about the SMS/800 TFN Registry and how to capitalize on its new features and functionality by registering for our webinar on March 15, 2017 at 12 PM CT!
You can email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 844.HEY.SOMOS (844.439.7666), Option 1 with any questions or concerns.
The SMS/800 TFN Registry is an important part of our efforts to meet the growing demand for the Toll-Free Industry, make your operations more efficient, and improve the customer experience.
- API access to the SMS/800 TFN Registry for all current and future functionality.
- A new Web Based UI for the SMS/800 TFN Registry that provides all current functionality along with access to all new features and enhancements.
- We will provide updates, release schedule, and gather feedback from Resp Orgs throughout the release process.
- Register today for our March 15, 2017 webinar to learn more about the SMS/800 TFN Registry.