Somos is an innovative technology company that provides an expanding portfolio of products and services related to number administration for the toll-free, messaging and wider telecommunications industries. As an enabler of innovation, Somos is taking the lead in promoting the technological and market evolution taking place in these industries as well as building products that support and fuel such evolution. We are looking for forward-thinking, innovative people who have proven track records of taking ownership and making things happen.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will work across multiple teams to develop and enhance the automated deployment and maintenance of systems. This position requires in-depth hands-on experience supporting our development teams, environments, internal customers and our leadership team. We are looking for true self starters who can communicate clearly, work with others and provide clear feedback. The Cloud DevOps Engineer will provide technical guidance in DevOps principles, help create best practices, create and support the release automation process, develop CI/CD pipelines, provided and support IaC. In addition, the Cloud DevOps Engineer will work in an Agile framework using iterative scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders.
Core Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Build whole stack ELBs to databases, then moving and launching, guiding teams through the entire process.
- Effectively manage and assign projects as necessary while lending support to the team.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our TechOps Team, ensuring that all meet SLAs and errors are minimized.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed. Mentor and train more junior or new team members on our ways of working.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our Cyber Security standards
- Specifying, documenting and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT
- Work with our automation stack, such Electric Cloud, Terraform
- Have a working knowledge of AWS DevOps Services
- Lead the development and operations team through the CI/CD process.
- Member of project teams establishing architecture and design representing the Agile Service Delivery team.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Possess at lease AWS CSA, AWS DevOps Certification is Preferred
- Strong experience with databases such as SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, VersionOne, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with AWS CF, Ansible, Puppet or Chef for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, DevSecOps, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.