Somos is seeking a dynamic, detailed-oriented and collaborative self-starter! We are looking for a Manager of Facilities Operations to help enhance and sustain a work environment that continues to support the needs of our expanding team and business. In this role, you will drive continuous improvement in the operational efficiency and processes across our North America locations, constantly finding ways to improve our employee experience, while effectively managing costs and ensuring a safe and efficient operating environment.
Core Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manages all company facilities including office space, equipment, leases, building services, office moves, budget management, and facilities policies and procedures.
- In coordination with the legal and finance departments, review, negotiate and maintain lease agreements, ensuring compliance with all lease obligations and that all leases are reviewed on a regular basis and strategically managed to meet company needs and goals.
- Manage and maintain Company safety functions including emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures and plans.
- Develop and manage the annual facilities operating budget and monitor budget performance across all locations. Develop quarterly reporting metrics.
- Manage employees who have day to day responsibilities of office support and coordinating various office activities.
- Develop space management and seating programs to ensure efficient use of available space.
- Oversee regular maintenance services for all sites (janitorial, security, repair); maintenance of all systems and equipment; schedule preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. Maintain service and vendor records and oversee vendors for contracted work.
- In coordination with the human resources department, develop and implement policies and procedures needed for emergency and safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols as it pertains to local, state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with senior managers to identify growth requirements and functional needs, as it pertains to space, to ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the company.
- Manage office supplies procurement and inventory.
- Plan and coordinate all installations of office equipment and furnishings.
- Travel to the company’s office locations throughout North America.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years of experience as a proven facilities leader with solid problem-solving skills and sound decision-making skills
- Experience in lease negotiations and management
- Experience with overseeing the management of facilities across multiple locations
- Strong project management and effective communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks in an efficient manner
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in space utilization planning
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.