The Principal Architect will provide leadership in the identification of new technologies, solutions, implementations or derivative works to enhance Somos products. A successful candidate will be technically-inclined, a great problem solver, and possess extraordinary interpersonal relationship skills coupled with an insatiable appetite for novel approaches and continuous improvement. The best candidates are those who pride themselves on extreme reliability and the ability to effortlessly perform under pressure.
The Principal Architect will proactively identify problem areas, drive innovation, technology strategy and architecture across a technically diverse solution portfolio. If you are looking for a dynamic, high-performing environment, where you can help advance the future of telecommunications, you should consider joining Somos!
Core Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop conceptual and evolutionary portfolio plans that meet measurable benchmarks of quality and that will exceed customer expectations for flexible and exciting functionality. This includes developing, identifying and assessing opportunities and determining strategic fit conditioned by technical feasibility.
- Play an important role in strategic development identifying new opportunities and participating in both new and evolutionary RFX/proposal work.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software and network solutions.
- Translate customer needs into architectural solutions that will become part of the Somos portfolio of products and services.
- Develop the corporate cloud strategy, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Cloud Application Architecture sub-programs.
- Mentor and guide software architectural team members and engineering team to provide scalable and flexible architectural solutions. Foster a sense of confidence, focused on maintaining collaborative relationships in which information and expertise is openly shared among team members.
- Act as high-level decision maker in a complex development process determining everything from design choices to technical standards for platforms and code.
- Review and approve both internal and outsourced designs.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive technical breadth in areas of application development, technical architecture, information management and deployment in a complex heterogeneous environment with expertise in telecommunications, IT, or technical domain.
- Solid cloud architecture and design experience including the establishment of guidelines and engineering standards.
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in the evaluation of COTS solutions as well as “Build vs. Buy vs. Outsource” decisions.
- Experience identifying and driving continuous improvements within a portfolio of solutions.
- Proven hands-on technical leadership with the ability to prototype key solutions and designing, writing code.
- Significant experience with high throughput, low latency, highly available transaction processing applications is a must.
- Experience working with executive level leadership articulating and presenting the technical vision.
- Proven ability to communicate a compelling architectural vision that motivates others to embrace the vision and create commitment to the roadmap.
- Ability to use broad industry knowledge to anticipate marketplace trends in application design accurately and to articulate credible, competitive, breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, influential leadership, and communications skills — must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization in multiple formats (spoken, written, media).