The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints. These projects may be clearly defined or require dynamic change management to meet risk and issue challenges in successful delivery of project and program services and products and are expected to deliver business value for Somos and its customers.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Act as a coach to junior project managers, executives and others who need assistance and advice regarding project management practices.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for assignment of project support personnel.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
- Develop project charters, change requests, change proposals, and ongoing project related reporting throughout the project life-cycle.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Review/approve work plan of external service provider or consultancy contracted to execute project.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Assign tasks, duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Develop and review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in project and portfolio management
- 4-7 years of progressively responsible experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Three years successfully managing complex and risky projects
- Two or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Two or more years of Agile leadership experience (Scrum Master/Iteration Manager, Project Manager) & Cross-team Delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in leading virtual teams
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully using “soft skills” or “people skills”
Knowledge and Skills
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, in support of a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches (for example, PMI, Prince II or agile)
- Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project and PPM tool suites), with a solid track record of practical application
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to support a tactical resource plan by mapping future demand to forecast project completions in the project portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, project management, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management; or equivalent, related IT experience. Formal project manager training expected, current PMI certification required, Agile, Six Sigma, vendor management and other professional certifications are a plus.
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.