Somos is an innovative technology company that provides an expanding portfolio of products and services related to number administration for the toll-free, messaging and wider telecommunications industries. As an enabler of innovation, Somos is taking the lead in promoting the technological and market evolution taking place in these industries as well as building products that support and fuel such evolution. We are looking for forward-thinking, innovative people who have proven track records of taking ownership and making things happen.
The senior member of the engineering team will assist with defining the IP strategy for future products and services, driving the architecture of Somos technologies to the next-generation state. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior technical and self-motivated leader to contribute to the transformation of the company’s core IP services.
This person must have extensive knowledge of Internet protocols (IP), networking protocols, telecom routing domain and demonstrate the ability to lead projects.
The ideal candidate will be a senior technologist with strong cross functional skill set and demonstrable experience working on projects across business, engineering, networking and operations.
Core Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide technical leadership in the execution of key Somos initiatives that will architect and implement the Somos strategy around SHAKEN/STIR, IP Routing, product innovation and technology roadmap for the Toll-Freeindustry
- Drive the planning and execution of proof-of-concept systems and lead lab-trials in close coordination and collaboration with Somos partners
- Research, analysis and development of technical standards and specifications. Regularly represent and /or lead in telecom and IP standards forums (such as ATIS)
- Prepare and present technical standards, educational sessions, test cases, test plans and recommendations to internal and external audiences
- Assist with technical oversight of IP initiatives working closely with a combination of internal and external resources to ensure Somos IP strategy is implemented well
- Build productive working relationship with business partners and stakeholders with internal organization and telecom ecosystem
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology hype
- Strong leadership with demonstrated ability to build consensus among stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and a team builder. Capable of establishing trust and securing partnerships within all levels of the organization
- Proven track record in execution of company-wide next generation technology initiatives
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IP standards to meet business needs
- Ability to work independently delivering sound technical and business solutions
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in telecommunication industry standards and forums representing their organization
- Strong understanding of routing and switch, traffic management and networking protocols such as TCP/IP, SIP, DNS, UDP, MPLS, BGP etc.
- Strong understanding of Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban) within the telecom and software engineering domain
- Service Provider and/or carrier experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Strong organization skills
- 7+ years of related experience in technology architecture, engineering and/or operations working on network technology
- Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Strong understanding of VOIP technology and standards
- Strong understanding of wireless telephony technologies and standards
- Experience designing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.