We are currently looking for a dynamic Human Resources Assistant to join our HR Team at our Corporate Office in Westford, MA. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter looking to launch a career into the HR profession. We are a growing company and our ideal candidate will be able to work within a fast-paced HR team.. Become a vital part of our HR Team’s success while handling a variety of HR related administrative tasks including scheduling interviews, conducting new employee orientation, building complex Excel spreadsheets, HR Research Projects, HRIS database maintenance, new hire orientations, employment verifications, employee perk programs/events, and overall department organization. This person will be the primary back-up in support of employee changes/transactions, benefits processing and payroll as needed. General duties may include but are not limited to expense reports, data entry, filing, scheduling, PowerPoint & Excel document development, record keeping and working on special projects.
Somos offers a stimulating diverse work environment and is looking for a team member who is highly motivated, trustworthy and has a strong work ethic and passion for people. A successful candidate must have the ability to work closely with peer administrative team members and others (without regard for level) to meet the needs of constituents.
Core Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Coordination and scheduling of candidate screening and job interviews
- Deliver new employee orientation to newly eligible employees. Follow-up with employees to answer their questions and/or to retrieve additional documentation needed.
- Assist employees with their Human Resources questions and issues, and ensure that appropriate follow-up is made through either final resolution or delegation of issue to another member of the HR team.
- Responsible for I-9 maintenance and follow-up.
- Process new hire, termination and other personnel action paperwork into HRIS system.
- Provide administrative assistance to the HR team (i.e. expense reports, travel, drafting correspondence, preparing presentation materials, review of invoices)
- Process benefit changes with insurance carriers and also process in HRIS database.
- Ensure Human Resources files, documents, manuals, and databases are current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assist HR team members with other benefit-related responsibilities including benefit orientations, bill reconciliation, and open enrollment.
- Complete and respond to employment verifications in a timely manner.
- Work closely with HR team to ensure all HR templates and forms are current and reviewed on an annual basis.
- Responsible for ordering business cards and selection of vendor.
- Responsible for all department filings, records maintenance and general overall department organization.
- Responsible for various employee distributions throughout the year (i.e., 401(k) quarterly statements, participant fee disclosures, Summary Plan Documents, paychecks etc.)
- Assist with all annual filings including Form 5500, 8955, ESR filings, and others.
- Manage employee perk and recognition programs.
- Assist with administrative duties for off-site HR team members, as needed.
- Serve as back-up for payroll entry and administration.
- Assist with recruiting activities, as needed.
- Maintain current data integrity in all People systems at all times: HRIS, Payroll, Engagement tools, etc.
- Responsible for organizing employee photo’s & employee awards.
- Maintain Organizational Charts.
- Ensure compliance postings for all locations are current.
- Maintain HR’s internal and external Sharepoint site ensuring that the information is accurate; uploading documents and removing expired information in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in an administrative function
- Prefer previous experience supporting a human resources function
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and reporting tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in analyzing data and developing metrics and dashboard reporting
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, seeking answers when necessary and motivated to look for additional tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing workload and adapting to changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.