Somos is an innovative technology company that is driving the Toll-Free, messaging and larger telecommunications industries into the future. Our core offerings include a broad range of leading-edge solutions that help our customers connect, innovate and grow with confidence. Somos is a new kind of data solutions provider: we don’t think outside the box; we think like there is no box. We are looking for like-minded trailblazers that have the vision, drive and entrepreneurship needed to generate amazing, real results.
We are seeking a Human Resources specialist who is passionate about supporting employees by creating differentiated HR experiences that drive collaboration, innovation, and empowerment. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, The Human Resources Specialist will partner with key stakeholders on benefits, payroll, and general Human Resources administration.
This full time position will be based in either Westford, MA or East Brunswick, NJ. We are looking for a colleague who can work in a fast-paced environment, maintain confidentiality, work independently and problem solve. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills with the ability to engage members of the Somos community.
Core Responsibilities & Accountabilities
HRIS Systems Administration:
- Assist with the continuous development, configuration and improvement of all HR systems and processes through creative solutions while delivering an exceptional employee experience.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate onboarding of all new employees to include benefit and payroll documentation via HRIS system.
- Develop standardized and custom reports through the HRIS system and provides metrics to key stakeholders are requested
Benefits / Payroll:
- With guidance from the HRVP, execute the daily administration and operation of all employee benefit plans, ensuring compliance of all plans with Somos policies and federal/state regulations.
- Maintain and update all benefits documents, including Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Coordinate and support execution of annual benefits Open Enrollment.
- Report on vendor costs and compliance related to benefits; review and prepare monthly reports and invoices for approval by the HRVP; research and resolve report discrepancies in a timely manner under guidance from manager.
- Coordinate and facilitate Leaves of Absences in accordance with Somos policies and federal/state regulations
- Assist with annual salary-planning efforts, complete salary and other benchmark surveys and provide consolidated report to HR team.
- Coordinate employee rewards and recognition programs including tracking, utilization, and engagement.
- Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, is the primary administrative lead on the annual employee retreat
- This position supports operational excellence for the HR function and, as a result, will also include general administration support duties.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources or equivalent experience required
- Approximately 3 - 5 years experience in a human resources, operations, or related function required
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft excel and standard proficiency in other Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, seeking answers when necessary and motivated to seek out areas of improvement and opportunity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing workload and adapting to changes
- Administrator experience with HRIS systems preferred
- Preferred candidates will have knowledge of benefit compliance such as Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other pertinent laws
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.