Somos is an innovative technology company that is driving the Toll-Free, messaging and larger telecommunications industries into the future. Our core offerings include a broad range of leading-edge solutions that help our customers connect, innovate and grow with confidence. Somos is a new kind of data solutions provider: we don’t think outside the box; we think like there is no box. We are looking for like-minded trailblazers that have the vision, drive and entrepreneurship needed to generate amazing, real results.
We are currently seeking a Lean Agile Coach with experience working with product owners, technical management, and technology teams to deliver high value capabilities, in a shorter amount of time, with predictability. We believe that applying lean principles to business, management, and technical practices is the key to delivering results. Our ideal candidate has experience coaching business leaders on interacting with IT and mentoring management and delivery teams in technical best practices.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams on learning and embracing a lean agile mindset throughout the organization
- Coaching and training software and non-software teams to use agile value delivery practices. Frameworks used include but are not limited to Scrum and Kanban
- Coaching organizations to define, prioritize, and organize around deliver business value
- Leading a variety of teams through release planning exercises
- Standardizing and improving program practices to enable predictable delivery across multiple software and non-software teams
- Implementing lean management practices that reduce delays, increase quality, and focus on value realization
- Able to step into numerous roles including scrum master, proxy product owner, lean-agile coach role as required
Required Skills / Experience
- 5 years of experience with practicing a lean agile mindset within a multidisciplinary organization
- Experience with both Scrum and Kanban frameworks
- Basic understanding of Lean concepts and/or systems thinking
- Experience coaching and mentoring business leaders, technical management, and a variety of teams on lean agile principles and practices
- Experience assessing team performance, defining path forward, and transitioning teams to new approach
- Experience with conflict management and/or change management
- Excellent communication skills and experience with technical and non-technical teams, management, and business stakeholders
- Experience with backlog management, including defining, prioritizing, and decomposing business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Certifications: Scaled Agile Program Consultant, Kanban Coaching Professional, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Coach
- Basic understanding of software technical practices and how they impact realization of business value
- Experience working with requirements tracking and visualization tools such as Jira and Version One
- Experience providing training to diverse sets of groups
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.