Somos is an innovative technology company that is driving the Toll-Free, messaging and larger telecommunications industries into the future. Our core offerings include a broad range of leading-edge solutions that help our customers connect, innovate and grow with confidence. Somos is a new kind of data solutions provider: we don’t think outside the box; we think like there is no box. We are looking for like-minded trailblazers that have the vision, drive and entrepreneurship needed to generate amazing, real results.
The Director of Business Development will drive efficiency and effectiveness of business development through the design, implementation and management of processes and tools that accelerate business development through the agile methodology leading to products and services that align with corporate strategy and vision.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Design and oversee through an agile methodology businesses development and investment processes that guide the development of new opportunities in a disciplined way that improves investment decisions and accelerates execution
- Identify, customize and implement the business tools required to implement these processes
- Assist business and product development leads at all stages of development including creating market assessment, business plans, financial models, pricing and Go-to-market plans.
- Engagement with marketing and outside vendors to conduct market research, collateral development, market education and lead generation
- Work with engineering on resource allocation for new project development development and maintenance of existing products
- Manage external Proof of Concept and Beta programs
- Work with an Advisory Board, User Groups, customers and event participants to gather feedback and build participation in opportunity development
- Support a sales deals desk set up and operation
- Support the hand off of new opportunities to Product Management for product lifecycle management.
- Provide team and executive leadership reporting of performance against plan and budget
- Conduct business and technical briefings for executive leadership
- Work collaboratively across the organization to meet corporate and department goals
- Support the Business Development organization with annual budget planning and P&L reporting
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Management or Finance; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience in supporting business development functions
- Experience in investment oversight, budget preparation, reporting and forecasting
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experienced in Agile methodology applicable to business development
- Ability to assess and resolve complex and sensitive business situations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team members
- Preferred: experience in Product Development/Management
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.