Somos is in need of an Executive Assistant who will assist the Customer Engagement/Product & Finance Teams by performing a variety of administrative tasks. General duties may include but are not limited to expense reports, data entry, filing, scheduling, PowerPoint & Excel document development, record keeping and working on special projects. Deals with a diverse group of internal contacts at all levels of the organization, and external vendors. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Marketing/Customer Acumen: Demonstrated acumen and experience supporting a Customer Engagement/Product department specifically:
- Gather documents and data such as customer surveys and data analytics to assist with updates to information circulated to the business.
- Assist with the collection of data from various internal/external sources to include in standard reports
- Coordinate large department events with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial Acumen: Strong business and financial acumen with proven experience supporting a professional finance department specifically:
- Assist CFO with documentation and presentations for senior executives and board meetings.
- Gather documents for new vendors and customers such as: Tax IDs (form W-9) and new Vendor and customer setup forms. Ensure documents are on-file as needed. For existing vendors and customers, assist with updates to this information no less frequently than annually.
- Assist with customer collection calls, following a scripted dialogue.
- Assist with “digital filing” for the Finance department, using the Sharepoint system. The Finance team stores documents to several libraries within Sharepoint including Tax, Audit, Banking, Receivables and Payables areas. Keeping these files updated and organized is crucial to the smooth running of the department.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills are necessary to keep ones self as well as the department or team organized. This includes organizing team schedules, events, and files with a system that makes sense for everyone.
- Teaming: Ability to work closely with peer administrative team members and others (without regard to level) to meet the needs of constituents.
- Strategic Planning: Prioritize tasks in order of importance or planning out processes for the entire office to follow. Planning skills also come into play when arranging employee and executive calendars when unexpected cancellations or changes arise.
- Time Management: Good time management is crutial when supporting multiple team members within a team/organization. Accurately planning daily tasks and the time they will take ensures proper scheduling for all supported.
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization and leadership styles.
- Anticipates Needs: Proven ability to anticipate needs and complete important tasks without being asked. Take initiative to support business proactively rather than waiting for direction.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reconcile and submit expense reports
- Manage calendars and coordinate meetings
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and packages
- Open and follow-up on technical support tickets for local devices (e.g. printers)
- Assist in preparation of reports and presentation materials
- Generate emails and reports as needed
- Assist with on-boarding new team members
- Provide general support to visitors
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Manage special projects as needed
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Mac book and Mac operating systems
- Effective oral and written skills
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and be able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Self-starter who is able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in an administrative function
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.