The people leadership role of Manager, HRBP – Training & Development is a member of the Human Resources team and will be responsible for working closely with the CPO/HR Team and executive team to build, foster, and sustain the company’s culture by leading the design, development, and delivery of learning and development programs and experiences, as well as HR initiatives that align with the organization’s most pressing business challenges and talent skill gaps. This is accomplished by developing and managing a comprehensive learning strategy that incorporates a build, buy or lease approach to deliver on the company’s commitment to staff development and continuous learning. Additionally, serving as the HRBP for a segment of the business.
The role will lead a team of five executive assistants supporting the executive team to align the roles and contributions across the business and to support their development, growth and effectiveness as a team.
- Business Partnership: Function as a trusted advisor to the leadership team, by building relationships and providing thoughtful counsel to support organization strategy and initiatives. Partner effectively across the business to understand and anticipate needs, advise on solutions and prioritize and execute projects.
- Talent Development: Identify talent development needs and implement solutions to support the overall effectiveness of the business and to increase employee engagement. This will be done by conducting needs assessments, developing curriculum, communicating learning activities to the organization, delivering in-house training sessions, as well as evaluating and recommending both internal and external training resources. Analyze the success and effectiveness of training programs and track enrollment data. Examples of training topics may include: Conflict Management, Giving & Receiving Feedback, Coaching, and Interviewing Skills.
- HRIS / Learning Management Systems: Explore the latest trends in learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and vendors in the marketplace and best practices for implementation. Partner in the identification of an LMS to maintain an internal platform for posting of training information, including videos, articles, and calendar of learning events. Provide updates and status reports of program activity to leadership upon request
- Lead & Collaborate with Administrative Team: Provide leadership for the Executive Assistants supporting the executive team. Collaborate with the team to align the administrative support for the enterprise and optimize their contribution and support of the business. Coach, develop and manage performance to enable the growth and development of the team.
- Leadership & Influence: Coach the leadership team to improve their capabilities and ability to address organizational needs. Foster an innovative and learning environment through coaching, mentoring and providing ongoing feedback. Establish clear intent and lead through a partnership with effective cross-functional planning, design, and communication ,with an outcome of sustainable, scalable talent, infrastructure and processes.Provide guidance on workforce planning including career development and succession planning.
- HR Programs: Facilitate HR programs and initiatives within assigned functions, and occasionally lead enterprise or cross-functional HR programs and initiatives. Provide expertise on HR policies and programs, as well as contribute to the creation or improvement of policies and programs.
- Employee Lifecycle: Provide coaching and guidance to managers and employees throughout the employee lifecycle, including hiring, onboarding, managing employee relations, driving employee development and employee offboarding.
- HR Projects: Consult with the business and HR team to deliver on various ad-hoc projects as needed.
- HR Budget: Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met, including developing a training budget and expense tracking.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We are a growing organization and need team members who thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Flexibility and a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, while managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced, innovative organization is required.
- Customer Focus: A demonstrated track record of proactively engaging leaders and employees at all levels with a strong degree of professional maturity and the ability to influence outcomes is essential.
- Strong Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization and leadership styles. Strong business acumen with proven experience translating business needs into actions that will move the business forward.
- Enthusiasm: High energy level and a driving since of urgency with a continuous improvement mindset along with a strong desire and ability to mentor and coach employees is required.
Minimum education and work experience:
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Training & Development experience with at least 3 years in the capacity of a Training & Development Manager - – both in terms of leading a team as well as driving a vision and strategy for learning and development. Thorough understanding and knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Extensive practice in designing and supplying a variety of training styles. Demonstrable experience with distance and self-service/e-learning course design, platforms and practices
- HR Business Partner experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook & Sharepoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving capability
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, seeking answers when necessary and motivated to seek out areas of improvement and opportunity
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while managing workload and adapting to changes
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior management experience leading professional administrative staff
- Experience with various learning platforms is highly preferred
- HR Business Partner experience supporting corporate functions is highly desirable
- Prior experience in an administrative or coordinator position supporting executive team
TRAVEL (%) Approximately 25-35% of travel required
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.