Somos is an innovative technology company that is driving the Toll-Free, messaging and larger telecommunications industries into the future. Our core offerings include a broad range of leading-edge solutions that help our customers connect, innovate and grow with confidence. Somos is a new kind of data solutions provider: we don’t think outside the box; we think like there is no box. We are looking for like-minded trailblazers that have the vision, drive and entrepreneurship needed to generate amazing, real results.
The Principal Architect will provide leadership in the identification of new technologies, solutions, implementations or derivative works to enhance Somos products. A successful candidate will be a strong technical leader, a great problem solver, and possess extraordinary interpersonal relationship skills coupled with an insatiable appetite for novel approaches and continuous improvement. The best candidates are those who pride themselves on extreme reliability, the ability to effortlessly perform under pressure and thrive in an Agile development environment.
The Principal Architect will proactively identify problem areas, drive innovation, technology strategy and architecture across a technically diverse solution portfolio. If you are looking for a dynamic, high-performing environment, where you can help advance the future of telecommunications, you should consider joining Somos!
Core Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop conceptual and evolutionary portfolio plans that meet measurable benchmarks of quality and that will exceed customer expectations for flexible and exciting functionality. This includes developing, identifying and assessing opportunities and determining strategic fit conditioned by technical feasibility.
- Play an important role in strategic development identifying new opportunities and participating in both new and evolutionary RFX/proposal work.
- Architect, design and build Somos solutions with small Agile and Lean teams of software- and test- engineers.
- Co-develop the corporate cloud strategy, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Cloud Application Architecture sub-programs.
- Mentor and guide software architectural team members and the engineering team to provide scalable and flexible architectural solutions. Foster a sense of confidence, focused on maintaining collaborative relationships in which information and expertise is openly shared among team members.
- Act as high-level decision maker in a complex development process determining everything from design choices to technical standards for platforms and code.
- Review and approve both internal and outsourced designs.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Extensive technical application development, technical architecture, information management and deployment in a complex heterogeneous environment with expertise in telecommunications, IT, or technical domain.
- Proven hands on experience with creating large scale solutions in AWS (design, code, and maintain) including in production experience.
- Experience in the evaluation of COTS solutions as well as “Build vs. Buy vs. Outsource” decisions.
- Strong Agile experience
- Proven hands-on technical leadership with the ability to prototype key solutions, designing and writing code to establish strong patterns for dev team.
- Significant experience with high throughput, low latency, highly available, self-healing systems is a must.
- Experience working with executive level leadership articulating and presenting the technical vision.
- Ability to use broad industry knowledge to anticipate marketplace trends in application design accurately and to articulate credible, competitive, breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with progressive levels of responsibility; 5+ years of recent relevant experience in a leadership architect role.
- Experience delivering business intelligence or large-scale data warehouses/lakes using technology such as Snowflake, Redshift, Hadoop, Kafka, Tableau.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Software and Integration Design Patterns
- Snowflake, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle
- Serverless, Containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- ELK Stack
- Authentication and Authorization technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory)
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.