Somos is an innovative technology company that is driving the Toll-Free, messaging and larger telecommunications industries into the future. Our core offerings include a broad range of leading-edge solutions that help our customers connect, innovate and grow with confidence. Somos is a new kind of data solutions provider: we don’t think outside the box; we think like there is no box. We are looking for like-minded trailblazers that have the vision, drive and entrepreneurship needed to generate amazing, real results.
The Sr. Product Manager is responsible for the day to day management of assigned services including but not limited to planning, development, introduction, and maintenance of assigned solutions. Responsibilities include gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, and working closely with internal and external development, and the management of external vendors supporting some aspects of the platform. The Sr. Product Manager also coordinates activities with the engineering and service delivery, marketing, vendors and customer support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Sr. Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product is aligned with the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the company for assigned services, prepare and deliver presentations to customers, team members and executives.
- Deliver approved product requirements to engineering for development, testing and deployment
- Drive product launches, working collaboratively with the Somos marketing team
- Act as product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Reach out to customers, soliciting feedback on product and services
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure company is kept up to date on new developments regarding competition
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish consensus around technology gaps, future architectural solutions, define high-level and detailed requirements.
- Document, publish, and maintain all processes, procedures, and guidelines for assigned products and services.
- Participate in user groups, webinars, and other customer events.
- Create buy-in for the product roadmap both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Grow annual revenue per assigned targets
- Create and maintain product content for websites and other marketing collateral in collaboration with the customer engagement team
- Manage help desk for assigned services, organize training as needed
- Participate in agile development methodologies by maintaining and prioritizing feature backlog; participate in daily standups and related activities
- Interface with and manage vendors as needed
- Proven experience in product management with a track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, web technologies, telecom networks, messaging, and toll-free call routing
- Experience with telecom industry standards and trade organizations
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Background in Toll-Free Telecommunications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred