The Director, Business Intelligence will be responsible for designing Somos’ long term vision and roadmap to deliver the data components in support of the companies strategic plan. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise in business intelligence platforms, data science and machine learning with the ability to translate market needs into product vision and requirements.
Core Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead a cross functional team to build solutions for both internal and external customers
- Report technology trends and recommend Somos adoption on a long term roadmap
- Design the roadmap for how Somos will deliver on the data elements of the three year strategic plan – including both internal business intelligence and external products
- Manage a team of two data analysts, provide leadership to meet team objectives, provide coaching and personal development
- Identify market opportunities, capture requirements, work with product management to drive product development, deliver the solution to market and sales
- Working with customers (external customer and internal executives) to capture business intelligence requirements
- Managing outside vendors for various business intelligence applications - hosting solutions, software services, consulting firms
- Working with engineering teams who design and build data platforms in support of the longer term vision
- Identify and structure new partner relationships for data acquisition and distribution and OEM
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- 7-10 years experience building business intelligence product lines and internal reporting disciplines. Ideally subscription based services in the telecom industry
- Expertise in BI reporting and database management platforms including specifically Tableau, Hadoop, PowerBI, Oracle.
- Knowledge of technology trends and future implications to define technology and adoption roadmaps.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate teams on key initiatives and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and build consensus within multidisciplinary teams
- Managing internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Data Productization - ability to direct research, determine opportunities, gain executive support, set requirements for engineering development, guide build and launch, enable sales, support evolving market needs, manage roadmap
- Machine learning (AI) application - both internal use cases and external market facing solutions
- Public Speaking - represent the company at industry events
Somos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we embrace and celebrate our employees’ differences. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.